Ending Lockdown

Originally published at: Ending Lockdown – Quillette

“Consider too what undesirable deaths occur in wartime. Men are killed in places where they knew they might be killed and to which they go, if they are at all of the enemy’s party, prepared. How much better for us if all humans died in costly nursing homes amid doctors who lie, nurses who lie,…

3 Likes

Good article. Short and sweet, and a reminder that we tolerate risks to life and limb every day. In the US, 38,000 die on the roads through accidents every year and there is no call to shutdown roads (apart from by dark green environmentalists with other motives).

I recently wrote about the emotional toll of lockdowns on the elderly and vulnerable, especially in terms of isolation- both here and on my substack. It’s free to view and comment:

6 Likes

Agreed. Once adults have had the opportunity to vaccinate themselves if they should choose to do so it’s game over restriction wise. I do worry about some in the medical profession wielding too much influence on what they think ought to happen with continuing restrictions despite a substantially vaccinated population. Stick to the is & leave the ought to democracy & we’ll all get along just fine…

6 Likes

Many among medical professionals agree with this point of view. The problem is the officials and media types who are always ready to listen to most unlikely but grippingly terrifying scenarios that justify further power to control everyone and act as clickbait for the media. The latter dynamic is the problem here and now, although it was a problem last year too.

4 Likes

I’ve always been baffled by the counter-intuitive position that we were savings days of life for the eldery and ill at the cost of years of life from the young.

We were devastating the economic and mental health of Gen Z to add a year to the wealthy and old.

2 Likes