Free thought lives?...really? YES, REALLY

So…on “Quillette”…I can search “grooming gangs” [a very disturbing issue]…but, on “Quillette Circle”…this search is NOT POSSIBLE?..too old?..too distant?..too “politically incorrect”?..too relevant to the past 5 or so years?..I don’t know…

I realized, about 30 years ago, that I am a “classical liberal”…Milton Friedman showed me that…That’s why I chipped in to Quillette…and I hope to continue to do so…AND…I don’t actually think that my paltry donations can control the entire editorial approach of Quillette…but, I still wonder…why can’t I search “grooming gangs” on “Quillette Circle”?..is it because of “Tommy Robinson”?..is it because “Mohammed’s Koran” has been totally erased from the universe of “books”?..it took me about 3 or 4 weeks, and about 4 times the $'s it should have, for me to get a copy of that one…but…I’m just asking : does “free thought live”?

2 Likes

I just checked to see if this is true and I got back a ton of hits. Most prominently this article…

You should get some sleep. Yes, “Free thought still lives”. Check again in the morning.

Have a good night.

3 Likes

I searched “grooming gangs” and got this.

2 Likes

Maybe check to see if your premise is true before starting a new thread?

Especially … one … with so many … unnecessary … ellipses …

1 Like

That was shot down in flames. Or perhaps there’s some real issue where he is? You guys should help him redo his search and see if he still has his issue. If not then he should withdraw the thread, no?

1 Like

I don’t doubt it. I just can’t replicate the results!

Did you try it again?

Thanks, Myth. Didn’t work last night, I don’t know why…worked tonight. Did I hit the wrong button?, or the right button the wrong way?..Anyway–thanks.

2 Likes

I work in the tech industry. We call those problems that mysteriously clear up right after you report them, “Gremlins”. And they are annoying as anything!

Glad everything is working for you now.

3 Likes