I wish you good fortune in the infowars to come

Recently the USA’s Department of Homeland Security opened a new chapter in the fight against everything fake, with the launch of its Disinformation Governance Board. While executive director Nina Jankowicz is abundantly qualified, both intellectually and politically, to act as the board’s public face, disinformation governance is still an unfamiliar concept to most of the public, and this has created some confusion and uncertainty about the board. Brazil has already taken advantage of this situation, and other foreign actors will undoubtedly follow suit.

So that everyone may understand the difference between a KGB chekist and a DGB "check"ist, I therefore suggest the creation of an independent advisory organization, a council of trusted and eminent figures, to assist the DGB in explaining its mission to the public. My recommendations:

First, the well-known journalist and media critic, Brian Stelter. To have such a fiercely independent member of the fourth estate on the team, will surely lay to rest any suspicion that the board’s role has anything to do with deceiving the people or managing public opinion.

Second, the prominent scholar of Carlylean statecraft and liberal governance, Curtis Yarvin. His star has been rising rapidly lately, and his presence will ease any worries about the board’s democratic bonafides.

Finally, I recommend the inclusion of the artificially intelligent language model, GPT-3. Not only is it exquisitely familiar with the Internet world where much of the disinformation struggle occurs, but thanks to its being a distillation of a significant fraction of all the words ever published by human beings, it can fill in for any or all of the above persons if they are unavailable.

“Remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.”

4 Likes

Great use of satire. I only cottoned on with the Brian Stelter reference :slight_smile: