Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics: Fact Checkers

3 Likes

Important bit of context for the laptop story: Republicans operatives had it in their possession for months before they released it. They revealed it shortly before the election in hopes that the stink of corruption would attach to candidate Biden. I agree that the MSM were overzealous in trying to suppress the story, but right-wing media intentionally amplified it in order to create a false equivalence between Trump and Biden. It’s also worth noting that attempts to suppress news items often backfire, giving them more attention than it might otherwise receive.

1 Like

Wow, you are extraordinarily deluded: literally everything you wrote is false. It was nice taking you seriously while it lasted.

So you had a stroke which changed your position on every issue? Or did the coming of the Trump Messiah cause the scales to fall from your eyes?

Hopefully you’ll include the contents of this post in your campaign materials when you run for office. If you live in a distinct like the one that elected Marjorie Taylor Greene I predict great success!

What! Both sides playing the same filthy games! I’m shocked and appalled.

Anyway the article leaves me hanging. Screed, or information? Not that I’d be astonished to find that the Ministry of Truth is with us. In a somewhat ironic way I find Trump’s bullshit less troubling – one knows it’s bullshit, even the people who believe it know it’s bullshit.

2 Likes

Sometimes engaging in misinformation is so exciting that the people doing it just have to tell someone…

Bonus material - here’s one of the videos (there are more I didn’t bother to track down) showing NYT reporter Matthew Rosenberg laughing at his own newspaper.

2 Likes

The Hunter laptop story is beginning to be allowed into the mainstream. The author may be conservative, but Newsweek is as mainstream as it gets:

I suspect the Left/Democrats/Technocrats/Media knows they’ll have to throw Biden under the bus. Watch for more of this.

I predict impeachment following the November elections.

1 Like

Well, obviously. I think it’s fairly certain that the Republican House will impeach Biden regardless of what comes of this story. (I doubt much will come of it aside from what we already know: Hunter Biden is a slimy opportunist who trades on his father’s name.)

1 Like

Oops.

Intelligence experts say the Russian military leader’s allegations were a brazen propaganda ploy to justify president Vladimir Putin and sow discord in the US.

But emails from Hunter’s abandoned laptop show he helped secure millions of dollars of funding for Metabiota, a Department of Defense contractor specializing in research on pandemic-causing diseases that could be used as bioweapons. He also introduced Metabiota to an allegedly corrupt Ukrainian gas firm, Burisma, for a ‘science project’ involving high biosecurity level labs in Ukraine.

“Experts say…”

1 Like

More and more interesting. It looks like NYT / WP and the rest of the mainstream media are trying to get out in front of this story by suddenly, after 18 months, acknowledging that Hunter’s laptop is genuine. They’ve started writing stories that nibble around the edges of what’s to come.

3 Likes