"Why Bret Weinstein is Dangerous" article from Yuri Deigin

4 Likes

this will be interesting: Webinar Registration - Zoom eg " Christine Benn ((U. Southern Denmark) ‘The unknowns in relation to child COVID-19 vaccination’"

This is yet another example of caveat emptor.

THe guy is a smart…evolutionary biologist. If you’re going to him for medical advice, you fully deserve whatever it is that is coming to you.

But in this era of silos, fake skepticism, and confirmation bias, somebody smart saying something you want to hear is more than enough to lead lemmings off the cliff.

2 Likes

The quoted article reeks of credibility. I’d sure like to listen to a debate in which Brett gets the chance to defend himself but it looks bad. Why tho? What’s his nefarious motive?

1 Like

Both of the Weinstein brothers are supremely self-confident contrarians who are convinced that their genius is underappreciated. I have no doubt that Bret is sincere, but that doesn’t change the fact that’s he’s dangerously wrong.

3 Likes

I’m suffering the predictable letdown when a hero of mine (for the Great Scam and other standings-up to wokeness) shows his fallibility. It’s a bloody shame but thereyago. Even dolphins look for heroes. Oh well.

2 Likes

Yup. Rubin has become a bit of a tool and a prop. Now B. Weinstein has lost the plot over this ivermectin stuff. Maybe some of the IDW old guard are reaching end of their useful shelf life. But it’s nice to see JP back and creating content again.

2 Likes

God damn, we need these guys on their game. Yeah, Prof. P seems back in form. But the IDW seems to have lost most of its steam. Everything has a shelf life now, eh? Dunno, maybe we fired before we could see the whites of their eyes, as the old saying goes. Time to reload? Get a bit of wind back? But I read something cool the other day to the effect that wokeness is beginning to get stale too. I still think there’s a chance it dies like disco. Remember the Satanic Panic? Vanished overnight. They say it was the same in Salem. One day the lead girl did her fall down and writhe on the ground and point to the next witch … and nobody paid any attention. The girl soon realized that the gig was over and stopped performing. I hope she got a spanking.

2 Likes

Yeah me neither. Smart people can make bad calls…part of being human. What troubles me is that Weinstein made a bad call based on terrible reasoning. And who knows. Subsequent data may actually vindicate his initial enthusiasm. But even a right call based on terrible reasoning still isn’t a good look, especially for someone people tend to look to for cutting through the fog.

1 Like